Village Hall Parking
The village hall shares parking space with the fire and police departments. Please DO NOT BLOCK any entrances to the fire station or to the back garage. Additional parking is located in front of village hall and to the west of the fire station. Thank you.
Zoning Board of Appeals Vacancy
Due to a resignation, there is an opening on the South Amherst Zoning Board of Appeals. All intereset applicants are asked to please submit a letter of interest to the attention of: Mayor Dave Leshinski, Village of South Amherst, 103 W. Main St. South Amherst, Ohio 44001 or email email@example.com
Rummage Sales Permits
Permits may be abtained at town hall for a $5.00 registration fee. Residents are permitted 2 sales a year.
Stormwater Utility Information
Excerpt from the 5/14/2018 Council Minutes:
Lorain County Development – Dan Romancak & Mark Ruffner presented a short program on Stormwater Utility and explained what the program could do for the village.
- Establish a dedicated funding source
- Meet EPA requirements for pollution
- Drainage improvements and flood prevention
- Consulting engineering
- Council member Siss asked if this is something just the council votes on or does it go before the voters. The mayor stated that, “We would have an ordinance with 3 readings, plus a public hearing.”
- The rate that would be assessed to each homeowner would be approximately $32.00 for every 6000 sq. ft. of impervious surface.
- Mark Leshinski wanted to know the process needed to go through to get a ditch cleaned. Mr. Romanack stated there are numerous ways and one of the ways for a resident would be by going to the County Commissioners.
- Next step is to have the law director contact LCD to review the legalities that need to be in place in order to proceed
with a contract between the two entities.
Link to the Powerpoint presentation from 5/14/2018 Stormwater Utility
2018 Dumpster Days
Fall Dumspter Days will be October 12-13 from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Please bring your water bill or driver's license to show proof of residence in the Village. We cannot take tires, paint, or construction material. We will take appliances that use Freon; however, they must be tagged that the Freon has been removed. We will also take batteries.
Items such as yard waste, clothing, light bulbs including Christmas lights, wood, chains, garden hoses, shredded paper, car parts (especially brake rotors, pots and pans, polystyrene(stryafoam) & aluminum foil may all be taken. None of these items should be placed in your green recycle containers. As of 2013, Republic Services has new equipment and these items cannot be processed as recycleable material.
The Financial Report for the Village of South Amherst for 2017 has been completed. The Report is available for inspection as of March 1, 2018 at the Fiscal Officer's Office at 103 West Main Street during normal business hours. Michelle Henke, Fiscal Officer.